Monday 18 January 2016

Week one - The one where I'm properly settling in


So as I figured I'm not too great at the writing every thing down I thought I would occasionally do my week in pictures and just tell you all a little about what's happening in it/where it is





This is the view out of the window at Janna school, where I started my week. In the not so distant future that whole area will be filled with children running around and playing at break time.



On Tuesday we were at Kawama School and this is the art work that's been done by the teams from Cranleigh School who are linked with Beyond Ourselves.


Here are some of the staff from Kawama waiting for the session to start.



Wednesday had us at Greater Joy, the last of the three schools


We arrived just before the children were let out of school for the day. They were all very excited to see us and we got a lot of highfives and fist bumps. 


On the way back from the market on Friday we drive down a road that, in late November, is filled with bats. Although it's not the right season for them there was still a tree that had it's complete trunk covered in bats


Today was a day of exciting things as I got to visit a local market and Dan, Tim and I bought Chipolopolo shirts (the football team). We also stopped off at chitenge shop and I bought that delightful material I am sporting on my bottom half. I'm contemplating whether I want it to made into a skirt or trousers but I'll figure that out as I go along.







A line of ants!!



On Saturday we drove to Nsobe game park for breakfast and a game drive before we had to drop Tim at the airport. So we had a quick drive around and saw a few animals - I was most excited by the Zebras even though they were so far away you couldn't really see them, but ah well. 


On Sunday we went to Church and had a relatively lazy day as it was pretty overcast and rainy for the majority of the day so the boys and I along with some of the other children in the families around us watch Toy Story 2 and kicked a football around for a bit outside in the few moments of sunshine we had scattered throughout the day.


So that has been my second week in Zambia, I can't wait for the next ones as I'll start to have more of a routine in the next few weeks and it'll be nice to get properly into the swing of things.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment