Saturday 16 January 2016

Staff training day

So turns out I'm not very good at the whole update your blog or keeping a journal but I'm going to try my very best to get better at it.

On Friday 8th January we had a relatively early start to the day in order to get to Greater Joy school in Kitwe, which is about 50 mins away, for a staff training day (of sorts). We got to the school with plenty of time to find the first drama of the day being that no one had bought anything for lunch! So with that Emily hooped into the A team mobil and headed off to the shops with Maureen to get enough for everyone and then we began. It was a day of prayer and worship as well as having the visiting pastor and elder from Restore Community Church, where Dan and Melissa are from, doing some sermon-esque teachings on God's love for us and how we are important to God. It was an interesting day as I got to be introduced to the majority of teachers from the three schools however because they all arrived at the same time it was a little overwhelming and I only remembered a few names by the end of it, mainly because they had stuck out or had been specifically introduced to me by a member of the team such as the headteachers and the directors/pastors of the churches. It was a very hot but successful day with a lot of the teachers saying they enjoyed the things that were talked about.

Sadly I have no pictures of this day other than this, but this was the hall that we were in all day so I don't think that's such a bad one, I just need to work on taking more pictures of things


I found it very interesting as the way they pray and worship here is so very different to anything we'd do at home; the worship part of the day was singing which is lovely and can also sometimes involve dancing and then the prayer involves everyone praying out loud at the same time, which I must say, at first I was a little bit daunted by as it's quite a strange situation to find yourself in but I've got used to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment