Tuesday 5 January 2016

I made it!


Well I've had my first afternoon in Zambia now and I must say that I've never been so happy to be on the ground. Turns out, not a fan of long distance travel without company. But to make up for that, whilst waiting in line for my business visa, I had a little face belonging to a Jacob smiling and waving at me from the other side of the customs officers as well as Dan waiting to pick me up  and drive me home. Having that grinning face at me definitely made waiting for a while in the queue bearable. 
Finally making it past the customs officers I was greeted properly and introduced to Jacob who showed me the way to the car otherwise known as “A-Team mobile” and we sat in the back and he chattered away to me about lots of different things whilst we sat and ate our BBQ beef flavoured corn snacks and had very refreshing cold water as we travelled back to their home where I will be spending my next 3 months. 




As we pulled up I had pointed out to me where everyone lived who I would be getting to know. Finally arriving at the house I was greeted by Melissa and then Jacob showed me the house and took me to see where my room is. I have a whole wing of the house, it’s insane! My room is lovely and because there should have been two of us there are two beds but they have made one a sofa which is a lovely little place to sit. My bed also has a mosquito net that makes it look like a princess bed! 

I was then showed Jacob’s room and we looked at his collection of lego. Melissa then very kindly made me a tomato and creme cheese sandwich and a cup of tea and then they left me alone to unpack and settle in. 


It's definitely different being here, although the weather is pretty similar to the UK just  muggier! But I'm looking forward to my sleep as I think I only got about 3 or 4 hours on the plane so I definitely need a catch up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment